[Exclusive Interview] DJ Rex aka Rex Rowdee

Ciera Reeves
0





1.) Your name, what you are called, and/or alias?
I just go by Rex. Some people know me DJ Rex or Rex 'Rowdee'... since that's how I tag my mixes, "Rowdee." Honestly the title's just tentative because I haven't figured out how I want to label myself to the public once I release some original music.

2.) Where you are from, where you are active?
I was born in Incheon, Korea and right now I'm based in New York/New Jersey due to work! I'm expecting to go back to Korea in the near future.

3.) What age did you start?

Start music? I've always playing around with music since I was young. I've been singing and playing the piano since the age of 11. I really got into band music after joining our church's praise band, but then I started straying away from that to dance music once I got to high school. From then on, I saved up money through odd jobs so that I could buy the equipment I have now.

4.) What's your inspiration?


I draw my inspiration from experimental music, mainstream hit music, and even really cheesy, tacky music. I can honestly say I take the time to listen to everything that's thrown at me. I appreciate everything. I also draw a lot of inspiration from my own dreams, visions and experiences. I hope I'll be able to show you guys what I've been working on real soon.

5.) What's your style?

Eccentric, yet modest.


  Tonight [REX ROWDEE NEONNITE Remix Edit]

6.) How would you describe your music?

I would say pop music. I try to keep all the elements of a pop song in my music, but with a twist. Really good pop music is just the best way to deliver a message through music. It takes creativity to make something digestible, interesting, and fresh (let's not forget popular!!) all at once.

7.) What is your favorite song that you have done?

I haven't released any original music yet, but out of my mixes I think my 2NE1 remix of "I'm the Best" has gotten a lot of positive reactions and I love playing that one live.

  I'm the Best.. BITCH (REX 'ROWDEE' CLUB REMIX EDIT) 


8.) People you have had a collaboration with and/or friends?

Absolutely. I have some stuff in the works with Ian Choe, Blue Satellite, and some well recognized names I can't reveal at the moment!!

9.) What are your hobbies?

Discovering new places, new people, and causing a little bit of trouble ;)

10.) Anything else?....


Thanks for inviting me to this interview. I don't really give myself the opportunity to do these things. Hope you guys have a nice day.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank You for interviewing with us! We wish you all the success in whatever you pursue. 

Don't forget to follow DJ Rex

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Ok, Go it!) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Learn More
Ok, Go it!
To Top