[Exclusive Interview] DJ Yigtugd

Ciera Reeves
0


1.) Your name, what you are called, and/or alias? 
My DJ name is DJ Yigytugd. I actually got the name from a typo. I am on the official Playstation Forums as "Yigytugd". I had a previous name and got the opportunity to change my name. I wanted it to stay the same but the system wouldn't allow it. I thought it was an error in the system so decided to just hit a few keys to see if it would go through. Didn't think it would but I typed Yigytugd and 
it did through. I really loved the name and others on the forums did as well. After that day, I used Yigytugd as my alias.

2.) Where you are from, where you are active at, and etc.?
I am from Bronx, New York but I currently live in Atlanta, Georgia.

3.) What age did you start?
I started DJing in 2008.

4.) What's your inspiration?

DJ Masa is my main inspiration for making mashups and the reason I started. I heard his mashup album "J-Bootie (Vol. 1)" and I was amazed! He blended a lot of songs that I didn't know but made me fans of these artist. Every time Masa releases a song, it gives me more inspirtation for my songs and new ideas as well. I have my own style for my songs but its nice to know another DJ that mixes Asian music and can feed ideas off of. Other DJ's that I admire are DJ Amaya, REXROWDEE, and DJ Earworm.

5.) What's your style?
I can't say I have one particular style. I don't want to limit myself to just one genre of music since I listen to pretty much every genre of music. I love mixing Pop songs but I also make mashups for R&B, Rock, Techno, and Dance. The more genres I mix, the better a DJ I will become. 

6.) How would you describe your music?
Cultural smash of different genres, artist, and languages.



7.) What is your favorite song that you have done?
I have 3 favorite songs of my own. Its funny because these aren't my most popular songs but I enjoyed making them and loved how they turned out.
Because Of Right Now (After School vs. Akon)


Last Possession (Jyongri vs. Koda Kumi & Tohoshinki)


Alejandro's Heart (Hwanhee vs. Lady GaGa)


8.) People you have had a collaboration with and/or friends?

I wouldn't say collaborated but more helped make an album or remix their remixes.
2NE1 Forever (Vol. 1)(Album) w/ Mikie Heartcore, Damarikomu, KZM, and Drokas
Hot A (SNSD vs. Raindow) w/ REXROWDEE
Shock Hangover (B2ST vs. Big Bang) w/ Areia
Breathe The Fight (B2ST vs. Scott Pilgrim) w/ Robotaki

BoA (Beat Of Angel)(Album) w/ JTLeung, DJ Amaya, DJ Mashup and DJ Masa
C-reBootie w/ 
FrozenGhost, Areia, and G Sweet


I would love to work on an original remix/ mashup with DJ Amaya, DJ Masa, Areia, and REXROWDEE though! That would be epic!

9.) What are your hobbies?
Of course listening to music from around the world, Videogames, Anime, doing backflips. I am in school right now to become a Videogame developer too. I hope to combine all my hobbies into a future game.

10.) Anything else?... 

You can find me at http://djyigytugd.wordpress.com/ along with my contact info and information on all my upcoming albums. Also can see all my music videos at http://www.youtube.com/ThisIsDjYigytugd


I am DJing at MomoCon 2012 for the third time so hopefully if you live around the Southeast of America, you can make it to my show. 


Be sure to check out my new album "K-Pop The Universe" too for new mashups featuring 2NE1, Big Bang, Super Junior, Narsha, Secret, and much more!


Thanks for the wonderful interview DJ Yigytugd! Maybe I'll see you at MomoCon 
-Ciera

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Ok, Go it!) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Learn More
Ok, Go it!
To Top